Hindi 52 Alphabets: Hindi Aksharmala [Consonants & Vowels] PDF: Students, Kids other people may download the Hindi Varnamala Chart with the pictures in PDF as well as PNG format. In Hindi language (India) there are total 52 alphabets or Akshar. Hindi Aksharmala (Varnmala) is divided into two categories 1. Sawar Varna and 2. Vyanjan Varna Mala.
Hindi Varnamala Chart
हिंदी वर्णमाला में कुल (total) कितने वर्ण हैं? (How many alphabets or letters in Hindi Varnmala?)
- Hindi 52 Alphabets: Hindi Consonants (39) + Hindi Vowels (13) =52.
- See: Hindi Alphabets and Pronunciation in English [Full Guide]
1. स्वर वर्ण (Hindi Vowels)
- When pronouncing the letters, when the breath, the throat, the palate, etc. come out of the place, they are called ‘Hindi vowels‘.
- The following Sawar Varna are important alphabets in Hindi Varnmala. However, in modern Hindi languages, some of the alphabets do not use to construct words or letters of Hindi Language.
This alphabet is of Devanagari script. Devanagari script is written in Sanskrit, Marathi, Konkani, Nepali, Maithili etc. In Hindi, ऌ ॡ is not often used
2. व्यंजन वर्ण (Hindi Consonant)
- When pronouncing the letters, when the breath is stopped from places like Kanth, palatal, etc., they are called ‘dishes’.
- Often the pronunciation of the recipes is done with the help of voice
Also known as Sanyukt Vyanjan Varn(संयुक्त व्यंजन वर्ण) Or Compound Consonants
Note: ड़ and ढ़ never occur at the beginning of a word.
Sound borrowed from Urdu Added with consonants
Sound borrowed from English
borrowed Arabic and Persian
क़ ख़ ग़
Note: The sounds क़, ख़, ग़, ज़ and फ़ are now restricted to the learned only as also when the correct pronunciation or transliteration from Arabic, Persian (Urdu) or English words is desired. In common speech, they are usually replaced by क, ख, ग, ज and फ Letters क़, ख़, ग़, ज़ and फ़ have been absorbed in Hindi from Urdu language and their phonetic sound is generally similar to ka, kha, ga.
Hindi Aksharmala [Chart with Pictures]
Hindi 52 Alphabets (Download PDF)
The following PDF can be downloaded for more information on Hindi Varnamala 52 Alphabets. The following PDF also will guide you Hindi Varnamala Chart details in Modern Hindi language.
Hindi 52 Alphabets Chart worksheet will be available soon!